View Single Post
Sitat av hemmeligegreier Vis innlegg
Det er ingen reell analyse i innleggene dine.
Vis hele sitatet...
Sitat av robhol Vis innlegg
Her er det vanskelige konseptet: noen ting ser ut som ekkokamre når man selv er langt nok ute på viddene. Putin-apologisme er ikke interessant for så veldig mange.
Vis hele sitatet...
Skal vi ta og se litt igjen på hvor ute på viddene jeg er, i forbindelse med mine tidligere utsagn i tråden:

Sarang Shidore skriver i Foreign Affairs om Det globale sørs økende innflytelse og autonomi på den globale arena. Det er enda en artikkel som – hvis det i det hele tatt var nødvendig å kommentere en så selvinnlysende absurd påstand – gjør nonsens av påstanden om at Fiona Hill og Bhadrakumar kommer med “kvasi-intellektuelt oppgulp uten substans”, eller at blokkdanneelser som BRICS er en “fantasi” og at landene i “den tredje verden” interessert i å delta “står på bar bakke, idet Vesten ikke er interessert i å fortsette å finansiere dem”.

The Return of the Global South:

Russia’s war in Ukraine has reminded Western observers that a world exists outside the great powers and their core allies. This world, predominantly comprising countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, has resisted taking clear sides in the conflict. The war has thus shone a spotlight on the global South as a major factor in geopolitics. Indeed, Foreign Affairs recently devoted a magazine issue to understanding the motivations of the “Nonaligned World.” Today’s geopolitical landscape is not just defined by the tensions between the United States and its great-power rivals China and Russia but also by the maneuvering of middle powers and even lesser powers.

The countries of the global South contain the vast majority of humanity, but their desires and goals have long been relegated to the footnotes of geopolitics. In the second half of the twentieth century, groupings such as the Non-Aligned Movement and the G-77 at the United Nations sought to advance the collective interests of poorer and decolonized countries in a world dominated by formerly imperial powers. Their solidarity was substantially grounded in ideals and a sense of shared moral purpose that did not always produce concrete results. Even before the end of the Cold War, the moralism that motivated these states to band together began to dissipate. The unipolar decades after the end of the Cold War seemed to have sidelined the global South for good as a clear force.

Today, however, the global South is back. It exists not as a coherent, organized grouping so much as a geopolitical fact. Its impacts are being felt in new and growing coalitions—such as the BRICS group, which may soon expand beyond its original members, Brazil, China, India, Russia, and South Africa—but even more through the individual actions of its states. These actions, driven by national interests rather than the idealism of southern solidarity, add up to more than the sum of their parts. They are beginning to constrain the actions of the great powers and provoke them to respond to at least some of the global South’s demands.
Vis hele sitatet...
Fra innledningen til den i forrige sitat nevnte “magazine issue” The Nonaligned World:

It was supposed to be a moment of solidarity, the “free world” standing as one against brutality and aggression. “The democracies of the world are revitalized with purpose and unity found in months that we’d once taken years to accomplish,” U.S. President Joe Biden said shortly after the start of Russia’s war in Ukraine. The months since have in many ways vindicated such proclamations: the United States and its allies in East Asia and Europe have demonstrated remarkably deep resolve and minimal dissension in their support of Kyiv.

But elsewhere, it’s another story. The unity among Washington’s closest partners has made clear just how differently much of the rest of the world sees not only the war in Ukraine but also the broader global landscape. Governments and populations across much of the developing world have met gauzy “free world” rhetoric with a series of increasingly vehement objections: about Western double standards and hypocrisy, about decades of neglect of the issues most important to them, about the mounting costs of the war and of sharpening geopolitical tensions.

In the essays that follow, policymakers and scholars from Africa, Latin America, and South and Southeast Asia explore the dangers, as well as the new opportunities, that the war and the broader return of great-power conflict present for their countries and regions. Whatever the merits of the individual arguments—on Ukraine, on geopolitics, on the international system—leaders cannot afford to disregard the resentments and interests animating them. If unaddressed, they will become a source of even greater challenge and disorder in the years ahead, no matter what happens on the ground in Ukraine.
Vis hele sitatet...
En annen artikkel i Foreign Affairs, How Russia Globalized the War in Ukraine, diskuterer også noen av de fenomenene Fiona Hill analyserer:

Putin’s invasion of Ukraine has tarnished Russia’s reputation in Europe and the United States, raising doubts about his regime’s competence. But the war has not isolated Russia from the world. Instead, the war has signaled a new chapter in Russia’s global orientation. Styling itself as a David to the Western Goliath, Russia has cultivated a wartime soft power that resonates. Many countries perceive the West as focused on the Ukraine war to the exclusion of other urgent challenges. They contend that the United States, having fought wars of aggression in Vietnam and Iraq, falls short of its purported standards and principles. Some governments, including those of Brazil, Syria, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe, parrot the Kremlin’s line about the West’s aggressive and arrogant policies toward Russia, blaming the war on the West. Moscow invokes these sentiments in the UN Security Council, at the diplomatic gatherings it convenes (such as the Russia-Africa Summit held in St. Petersburg this past July), and at the summits of the BRICS grouping, which brings together Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa, and will soon be expanded to include six other nations. Time and again, Russia argues that Ukraine and the West—not Russia—are out of sync with the global majority.

The durability of Russia’s economy illuminates the war’s global context. The West has not knocked Russia’s economy substantially off balance, and many major economies ranging from India’s to South Africa’s are either continuing or expanding their commercial ties with Russia. The war has shifted Russia’s trade and technology transfers, whether it be drones supplied by Iran, microchips smuggled through the “roundabout trade,” or emerging energy markets in Asia. Although the West initially assumed that the threat of sanctions would deter Russia from invading or that sanctions themselves would prevent Russia from waging a long war, the conflict has thus far shown otherwise.
Vis hele sitatet...
Kun en person som prinsipielt gjør seg ute av stand til å danne seg noen form for oversikt, idet vedkommende relegerer alt han ikke liker å høre til en dårlig definert, men omfattende og sterkt stemplende sfære av “pro-russisk propaganda” eller "Putin-apologisme", kan unngå å oppfatte betydningen til disse perspektivene, og det sentrale i at de beveger seg fra et retorisk til et handlingspolitisk plan.

Hvis vi overhodet skal komme oss fremover og videre og finne manøvreringsrom i en raskt skiftende verden, må vi legge vekk slike uvaner overfor andre og motstridende synspunkter, selv hvor personlig animositet er involvert (som igjen Fiona Hill påpeker om de større sammenhengene).

Nå som jeg har svart også på dette, tror jeg det er tydelig hvordan de nærmest injurierende (i dette lille økosystemet) påstandene om min diskusjonsmetode faller på sin egen urimelighet. Faktisk er jeg den eneste som i disse diskusjonene (uoppfordret) har forsynt linker og kilder for mine påstander, og at det står noe annet i dem enn det jeg sier det gjør, er en direkte løgn.

For å avslutte med en nylig sak i Klassekampen:

Håpet svinner i Ukraina.

- Vi befinner oss i en slags bakrus, sier Volodymyr Artiukh, en ukrainsk aktivist og postdoktor ved universitetet i Oxford.
Han mener mangelen på gjennombrudd i offensiven, kombinert med høye tapstall og flere store korrupsjonsskandaler, har gjort at mange ukrainere føler seg villedet, forvirra og motløse.

- Det er en utbredt desillusjon. Ikke bare i befolkningen som helhet, men kanskje mest påfallende i militæret, sier han.

- Noen rekruteringskontorer oppga midt på sommeren at mindre enn tjue prosent av dem som ble innkalt møtte opp frivillig. Nå er det antakelig enda færre. Dette vitner om sviktende moral både i samfunnet og hæren.

- Det pågår også en massiv kampanje for å reevaluere dem som tidligere ble vurdert uskikket til å slåss. Dette betyr at myndighetene anerkjenner at det er veldig høye tap, sier Artiukh.
Vis hele sitatet...
Det er helt jævlig. Dette må slutte nå.

Avtalen fra i fjor mars ville ha vært himmel på jord i forhold til dette. Jeg vil ha Russland til helvete vekk derfra. Spørsmålet er hvordan dette kan oppnås. At Russland skulle rulle alt tilbake og trekke seg helt ut bare fordi vi virkelig virkelig vil det, har ingenting med realisme eller bakkekontakt å gjøre. Russland trenger sikkerhetsgarantier vis-à-vis NATO. Det er sånn verden fungerer. Stormaktspolitikk av dette slaget har ikke noe med gode og onde sider å gjøre – det er storskala kynisme og morderisk menneskeforakt, til dels til og med profittdrevet, om det er ødeleggingen av Ukraina eller ødeleggingen av Irak eller gjensidig opprustning krigsindustrien tjener penger på (som vår egen hjemlige Kongsberg Gruppen, som våre kjære stortingspolitikere gjerne setter sine aksjer på).

Aggressiviteten dette humane og forholdsvis balanserte synet blir møtt med, av diverse “tastaturkrigere” som kun tolererer kritikk av den andre siden og blind, endog innstendig logisk inkonsistent (Nord Stream, Fiona Hill) tillit til vår egen (helt parallelt med situasjonen i Russland, er det enn variasjon i graden og sanksjonene), er rett og slett nifs.